Summertime can breed warts. The wart virus loves warm, moist places like small cuts or scratches on your hands or feet. Once the virus finds a nice warm place on the skin, a wart begins to develop. Warts can grow for many months — sometimes a year or more — before they are big enough to see.
Children are particularly susceptible to warts. I recently treated a wart on my son’s elbow successfully with this DIY essential oil blend. It was very satisfying to see it turn black over night, scab and heal in a matter of days!
I’ve also had success treating warts by supplementing with desiccated liver. My older son had one on his toe. I researched and thought there was something in his immune system that was not fighting off this virus. I changed nothing else for him but started giving him two desiccated liver tablets per day. The warts started disappearing and went away in two weeks.
Here is the blend I used:
Homemade Wart Removal Blend:
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 drop oregano essential oil
- 2 drops frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 cotton ball
- 1 bandage
- In a small dish, combine the apple cider vinegar, oregano essential oil and frankincense.
- Blend well.
- Add the lemon oil. blend again.
- After cleansing the area, use a clean cotton ball to dip into the mixture.
Lightly soak the cotton ball, then apply it to the area (be careful not to get on skin around the wart)
- Cover with a large bandage.
- Apply this remedy twice a day, morning and night (you can sleep with it), until the wart is completely removed.
Registered Holistic Nutritionist
Jill is a Vancouver-based mom, health researcher (MJ) and Holistic Nutritionist. Her passion is optimizing health and aging thru diet, supplements and lifestyle choices. Her goal is to share her knowledge and help others. Jill works with groups and on a one to one basis with clients.